Thursday, April 25, 2013

New Anthologies: Big Bondage and Only You


Stuff comes in the mail, and I show it to you.  That's how things work around here.

My latest prizes are contributors' copies of Alison Tyler's Big Book of Bondage and Rachel Kramer Bussel's Only You.

Let's start with bondage.



You can read Sharon Wachsler's review of my story, Double Dutch, right here: http://sharonwachsler.blogspot.ca/2013/01/big-book-of-bondage-blog-tour-giselle.html
You can read my review of Donna George Storey's naughty chair here: http://donutsdesires.blogspot.ca/2013/01/donnas-in-naughty-chair.html

It's a fat little book.  I wasn't expecting that, for some reason.

The Big Book of Bondage shares the same dimensions as Cleis Press' 69-story collections like... oh, what are they called?  The brain's not firing today.  I can see the covers in my mind, but I guess I'll have to get up and look at my bookshelf.  One was edited by Sacchi Green and the other by Rachel Kramer Bussel.  I'm lying on my couch right now, under a fleece blanket, with my computer in my lap.  I wish to hell I could remember what those books were called.  But I can't.  Okay, I'm getting up.  brb

Girl Fever and Gotta Have It.


And while I was perusing my bookshelf, I realized Alison Tyler's Sudden Sex anthology is another short-and-fat one.  If you don't own any of these books, buy one.  Or buy them all.

Okay, on to Only You.



Here's what editor Rachel Kramer Bussel says about my story in her introduction:

“Forgotten Bodies,” by Giselle Renarde, addresses the ways we can forget our own bodies, not to mention our partner’s libido, in long-term relationships. Susan goes so far as to hide in the bathroom to avoid sex with her husband, only to discover that he’s cooking up something new and naughty for them to try.

This is one of those (rare?) stories that's not about me.  Well, maybe it is.  Maybe it's about a future version of me.  My character, Susan, is on the other side of a hill I'm still climbing.  She lost her libido all at once.  It wasn't a slow progression, for her.  One day it was there, the next day it was gone.  That was some time ago.  For years, she's had zero interest in sex.  She's gone along when her husband wanted it, but it wasn't for her.

"Forgotten Bodies" is a wake-up call with a smack on the ass.

There's a cure for everything, I tells ya.

Hugs,
Giselle


No comments:

Post a Comment