Saturday, July 6, 2013

That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said about me...

Well, I'm off on vacation. Be back in a week!  I've set a few posts to pop up while I'm away, but before I go I'd like to share something a special.

The other day, during my publisher eXcessica's Pride Month chat at Beth Wylde's yahoo group, my fellow author Gavin had this to say:

Giselle is one of my favorite authors to promote because her writing features a much wider array of characters for readers to identify with than anyone else I've worked with. When I encounter someone who seems doubtful about the value of erotica, I often say "Look at Excessica's catalog before jumping to that conclusion, especially Giselle Renarde."
~Gavin Atlas

How incredibly sweet is that?  Like, AMAZINGLY sweet.

Representing diversity isn't something I really think about in my writing. It just happens, and I imagine it's a product of many things: living in one of the most multicultural cities in the world, being born into a multiracial family, being queer, having a partner who is trans, and maintaining a lot of close friendships with people who are either immigrants or who have close ties to their parents' world cultures.

My writing is diverse because, when I look around, I see diversity.  It's not all same-same-same, so I don't back away from representing variety.

Thanks, Gavin. You made my year.

Hugs,
Giselle

No comments:

Post a Comment