Saturday, July 5, 2014

Purple

I want to scrawl this down as fast as humanly possible.

At the moment, I'm listening to a radio interview with an amazing 15-year-old pianist named Jonah Davids. Actually, I lie. At the moment, I'm listening to his rendition of Sting's Roxanne. And it's awesome

But the reason I rushed right over to my blog to tell you all about it is that Jonah has been diagnosed with clinical depression. That hits home with me, as you probably know.  As a result, he's been working with a charity called the jack project:

This charity is dedicated to bringing mental health problems like depression out of the darkness, and engaging young people to better care for themselves and support their peers.

If you want to buy Jonah Davids' new album, Purple, TOO BAD! You can't.  But you can download it free on his website.  All he asks is that you donate to the jack project in lieu of paying for his album.

Okay, internet, I think humanity's going to be okay. Because there are kids like this in the world.  I'm choking back tears as I write this, because I'm so moved by this brilliant young pianist/composer's generosity.

Access his album and more information here: http://jonahdavids.bandcamp.com/album/purple

No comments:

Post a Comment