Tuesday, November 11, 2014

My First Christmas as a Married Man's Mistress

You know what's a great idea? Writing an erotic romance about an adulterous relationship.

Just kidding! It's a stupid idea, unless you like throwing your time down the toilet. Nobody buys adultery erotica. I'm not counting hotwife/wife watching stuff, because yes I know that sells like hotcakes. That's what I SHOULD have written if I wanted to sell copies and make money.

But I didn't know that when I started writing back in 2006. I didn't know what the market wanted. I barely knew what the market WAS. I just wrote about what was going on in my life, and at that time my decade-long affair with a married man was spiraling to a close.

I spent a good portion of my adult existence as a married man's mistress, so why wouldn't I write about it? That's what I figured. I had no idea adultery was the new taboo (and not in a good way). I wrote an entire short story collection (Audrey and Lawrence) about that relationship. What a waste of time. For the record, I still love those stories... but that's just me.

"My First Christmas as a Married Man's Mistress" is another adultery-themed book I stupidly wrote. It was first published in 2010 by lyd Alterotica and, at that time, was titled "A Mistress' Christmas." The publisher folded last year, as I've mentioned here before, but I didn't rush right out to republish this one because... what's the point when nobody's gonna buy it?

How's that for a defeatist attitude? That's me. I love my work but I have zero confidence in my ability to sell it.

So that's my marketing spiel. (HA!)

"My First Christmas as a Married Man's Mistress" is available again as an ebook. It's nothing like most erotic romance out there, but you can say that about most of my work. You can count on me to be different. But this one.... this one is super-different:
Giselle knows how hard it is to find a good Christmas gift for a married man. She wants to give him everything, but where would he put it? Sometimes the best place to hide a secret is in plain sight…

“This is not just one story, but many stories, many little fictions fastened together by a larger tale of forbidden love. While the little fictions are just that—thrilling narratives I wrote one Christmas as a special gift for my lover—the larger fiction is true. It is the tale of my lover’s gift to me, mine to him, and the gift we shared between us.”

Originally published as A Mistress’ Christmas, My First Christmas as a Married Man’s Mistress is a strange and dreamy holiday trip through one young woman’s illicit love affair.

Now Available from:
Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/492105
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PGS5U06
Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00PGS5U06
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id940112926
BN: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/my-first-christmas-as-a-married-mans-mistress-giselle-renarde/1120728872?ean=2940046315882&itm=1&usri=2940046315882
Scribd: https://www.scribd.com/book/246247770/My-First-Christmas-as-a-Married-Man-s-Mistress

Also available from other retailers

No comments:

Post a Comment